How to Report Child Abuse

If you suspect child abuse, you are mandated to report your suspicions according to North Carolina State Laws. To report suspected abuse in Mecklenburg County, call 911 to speak with a police dispatcher or call the Mecklenburg County Department of Social Services at 980.31.HELPS.

Please use the following as a guideline. Each child is unique and so is the process taken to protect them.

Pat’s Place Guidelines for Reporting Child Abuse